Wednesday, February 27, 2008

A really stupid motion---Pakistan causes worldwide Youtube outage

After reading the article “Pakistan causes worldwide Youtube outage”, I came up with a lot of feelings and the strongest one is that I think it’s really a stupid motion.
As we know, Youtube has been the most popular website of video in America, almost everybody knows it and goes to see all kinds of videos on it everyday. In my home country, China, there are also many video websites like Youtube such as Youku, Tudou, Ou-ou, Ku6 and so on. They are all very popular and competing with each other fiercely. And they also contain the video all over the world. However, I can not find any videos about some political topics which make people sensitive such as The Tiananmen Square protests in 1989, What’s more, I can not find any information about it on any Chinese websits. I think the government just wants to hide something they think they have done wrong. But, now, when I am on the Youtube, I can find a lot of information about many political topics and I can see many people’s comment of such kind of affairs, it’s totally different from my home country.
So, I think the government does not need to block anything and what they should do is just to make our country better. If they really benefit the citizens, they will not be afraid of people’s knowing the political affairs that make them sensitive.
Now, I am in America, I find it’s really a kingdom of liberty and people can make any comments on government. They can say what is right and what is wrong. Even they can shout “President Bush, please fall out of power and get away from the White House”. And I think only a government which is under the criticism of nationals can really get better improvement. Do you think so?

1 comment:

Azimi Advanced Composition said...

Shao, I really do agree with your opinion! First, I agree that Bush should leave the White House--7 years ago! Second, I knew that China didn't allow free speech in public, in papers, or on the Internet. I didn't know that China has many sites similar to YouTube. I'm so glad that you are here and can enjoy these freedoms!
Mrs. Azimi