Wednesday, February 20, 2008

A Chinese temple in America

On last Saturday, I went to a Chinese temple with my aunt and grandma in Hacienda Heights, a city near Rowland Heights. Maybe you don’t know neither of them. There is no wonder that they are not as famous as Monterey Park or Chinatown, but they are now the new and developing cities of Chinese. And more and more Chinese people are moving to them.
This Chinese temple is called Hsi Lai Temple and this is my first time to visit a Chinese Temple in another country. I think it’s big and magnificent. What’s more, it’s new, because it’s has just been built for less than 20 years. There were quite a lot of visitors there and it took us about ten minutes to find the place for parking. Then we visit several Buddhas and had the lunch there. Only 5 dollars, you can eat all the vegetarian food there until you are full, a great deal, right? At least I think so, because vegetables are much more expensive than meat in America. And I think the food there is really very delicious.
The Hsi Lai Temple not only spread the Buddhism, but also help develop the friendship between China and America. So, I think it’ really a good place to visit. If you have time on weekends, just have a visit, it’s will not let you down.

1 comment:

Isabel said...

Hey Shuai.I'm Isabel in advanced class.I've never been in any temple before, I 've only seen temples in the newspapers or on TV.I'm living in Little Sai Gon now, in here they have pagodas.Is pagoda and temple the same, Shuai?
I really love the vegetarian food.In Vietnam, they have some restaurants where people just sell vegetarian food.Wow,it's so yummy.I love the way people cook vegetarian food, it's really real.For example: they can make a flower-bud of banana looks like a roasted duck and it tastes the same.It's great, right?
I hope one day I can visit Hsi Lai Temple to see the beauty of it and enjoy the vegetarian food.
Good luck Shuai.