Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Report of my research experience

Recently, we are doing something for our research. My topic is why more and more Chinese students come back to their home country after they finish their study abroad.

The reason for me to choose this topic is because it’s really a new phenomenon now. Many years ago, most Chinese students choose to stay abroad to work and live after they finished their study abroad because they thought the economy and environment are much better than China. But now, the situation changed, more and more students come back after they finish their study abroad. Now, China is developing at a very high speed. Its economy is booming. And students may find there are more opportunities in China than in other countries and working in their home country can really benefit them in many aspects.

I have searched some information on the internet and find some famous and successful businessmen who have had their own experience of studying abroad, especially in America. So, I think this information must be very helpful. And I also find some information about Chinese economy of these 2 or 3 years, I think they will be very helpful. I think the librarian is very helpful because she taught us how to use the library system for searching the information we want although I haven’t searched any information from the system.

I think doing the research can help us improve our writing skill and build our vocabulary. What’s more, it can help practice our skills for searching the valuable information through many methods. However, sometimes, I find it really very hard to find the information I want and I am not sure if my topic is fit for me to write, so I am still hesitating if I should choose this topic. And, as we know, we should write at least 5 pages in our research, which is really a can of worm. Do you know? I haven’t ever written such a long article in English before. This is my first time trying to write so many words and I don’t know if I can mange it. Anyway, I wish I can and I wish all my classmates can finish their work successfully and give this semester a good result.

No comments: